Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another Passtime

Yeah, I've been away for a while, but guess what?...I'm brewing at home now! Yes, I have begun to brew my own libations! Not because I don't like what is commercially available but rather to share in the enjoyment of making beer. I started shortly before Thanksgiving thanks to my lovely wife's present to me (a Master Brew Beermaking Kit) which she bought from Arbor Wine & Beer. Needless to say we made their Holiday Cheer Ale, and a Brewer's Best Robust Porter. Both came out great. The people at Arbor are amazingly helpful and just all around great people. Check 'em out if you're in the area.

From there I decided, with the help of a gift certificate, to buy a couple of kits from Austin HomeBrew, which is another amazing site. These guys are hardcore and definitely worth checking out if homebrewing is up your alley! I got the Magic Hat Feast of Fools kit, not to be confused with the variety pack Magic Hat offers. This is a raspberry infused stout that is just insane. You cannot buy the beer outside of Burlington, VT, trust me I've been trying. So I'll keep you all posted as to how it turns out.

I also got the Three Floyd's Xtra Pale Ale, which I believe is their Alpha King Pale Ale. I intend to dryhop this beyond what the recipe says to make it more of a hop-bomb! Well again I'll keep you posted how they turn out!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home