Monday, February 09, 2009

It's Been A While!

Well it has been WAY too long and I've realized that I truly do miss writing on this site...so hopefully while I pick it back up I'll actually improve it quite a bit (who knows).

In my absence I've attended a few outstanding shows, notably Mogwai (yeah it's been that long) at Terminal 5, Vampire Weekend at Terminal 5, Devotchka at Terminal 5, and Beirut at BAM. All four of these shows were drop-dead amazing! These shows also had another thing in commo
n...horrible crowds. I don't know what's happened but for some reason it appears that more and more people go to shows to talk throughout the performances. At Devotchka I had the pleasure of watching 5 grown men have a full body thumb wrestling war...what the heck is that all about? Anyway I didn't intend to start off with a rant, but I guess I did...sorry!

On to the new music I've been getting into. While the band isn't "new" they are planning to release their first new album in nearly 8 years! I'm not sure how many of the re
aders of this site have ever listened to a Spain album, but to sum them up I would say truly relaxing jazz-infused...yeah well I can't properly explain/describe them. Just listen. These are a few new tunes the band has put up on various member-sites (free of charge) so I figured I'd help spread 'em around.

I'm Still Free (highly rec'd)

You can grab live shows of their on archive.org here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home