Friday, December 22, 2006

Top Albums of 2006

Okay, its finally time for my first ever best of list. It's been a great year and I've truly enjoyed writing this page. So thanks to everyone who has read and commented on what I write!

I had initially planned to do this weeks ago, but have been so insanely busy it just hasn't happened. Anyway, I want to send out a sincere thank you to all of the bands that send me demo's and for Vice Recordings for sending out the demo's as well! So with that in mind here's my list...


Top Albums:
15. - Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
14.
- Sickoakes - Seawards
13. - Snowden - Anti-Anti
12. - Keser - Esoteric Escape
11. - The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
10. - TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
9. - The Knife - Silent Shout
8. - The Thermals - The Body, The Blood, The Machine
7. - Thom Yorke - The Eraser
6. - Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out
5. - Asobi Seksu - Citrus
4. - Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say About Me...
3. - Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
2. - Mogwai - Mr. Beast
1. - Beirut - Gulag Orkestar

Honorable mentions go out to: Josh Ritter "The Animal Years", Jeremy Enigk "World Waits", Dirty Pretty Things "Waterloo to Anywhere", and Forward Russia! "Give me a wall"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger keep-it-like-a-secret said...

lists, i love lists! love your blog too. keep up the good work.

beirut is a great choice for #1. someday you will convince me how great Mogwai is.

here are some more honorable mentions, perhaps if you went to a top 25? (let me know if you don't have any of these... I owe you in a trade!):

belle & sebastian - the life pursuit
art brut - bang bang r'n'r
aloha - some echoes
hot chip - the warning
dirty on purpose - hallelujah sirens
camera obscura - lets get out of this country
islands - return to the sea
nightmares on wax - in a space outta mind
sonic youth - rather ripped
the M's - future women

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home