Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Instant Raconteurs Fix?!


Yep, the Raconteurs, or moreso XL recordings have teamed up with ConcertLive to release official bootlegs of their upcoming UK tour. The catch, for us on this side of the Atlantic, is that they are for UK sale only. The site states that customers must have a valid UK postal address to order the discs! This makes all the sense in the world!

[passionate rant upcoming]

I have yet to figure out why the US is so far behind the times when it comes to music distribution. Why is it that I have to order vinyl singles of some of my favorite bands through UK websites (and getting screwed over by the weak dollar [I'm a finance geek])? Why don't we have the availability to buy them (minus a HUGE mark-up) at our local record shops? So now we're adding insult to injury with this...whatever...

[end of rant]

Anyway the discs will be 15 (GBP) and can be ordered here. The website claims that only 1,000 copies will be made of each show...here's what the site has to say about the discs:

Limited Edition Live audio bundle including:

- Deluxe double disc CD set of the concert
- Exclusive live version of the new single 'Broken Boy Soldier' only available here!
ONLY 1,000 of each gig are being produced!!!! All gigs on UK tour available.

2 Comments:

Blogger Micky67 said...

On the opposite side of the coin though. I was amazed at the low prices of cd's when I was in Toronto. I could get album's for around $11 (£5.50), where as new releases cost about £15 in stores such as HMV AND Virign here, thats roughly about $25-30 in the US

2:38 AM  
Blogger iworkatinitech said...

I still haven't check out the Canadian scene...although I've heard quite a bit about it!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home