Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mercury Prize Nominations Released

CMJ has just put up the list of the 2006 nominees for the Mercury Prize, honoring the best in British/Irish music. I can't argue with the list, but I'm sure there will be discussions abound regarding the winner and those who maybe should have won. You can read about it in more detail here. Also here's the list from the site:

Nominations For The 2006 Mercury Prize
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not
Isobel Campbell And Mark Lanegan - Ballad Of The Broken Seas
Editors - The Back Room
Guillemots - Through The Windowpane
Richard Hawley - Coles Corner
Hot Chip - The Warning
Muse - Black Holes And Revelations
Zoe Rahman - Melting Pot
Lou Rhodes - Beloved One
Scritti Politti - White Bread Black Beer
Sway - This Is My Demo
Thom Yorke - The Eraser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home