Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Arms - Sh#ty Little Disco


I received this amazing demo/debut EP from the band Arms a week ago, and have found it nearly impossible to take it out of my car cd player, work computer cd player, and home cd player! The four-piece out of Brooklyn, NY (Park Slope I believe) manages to create some infectious indie-rock based grooves that put the Stuart Murdoch meets Lou Barlow vocals up front and straight into your head. This feat is even more impressive when you realize that all four members are credited with vocals.

I should give a huge hug and thanks to Connor and Nathaniel (IGIF) for indirectly turning me onto them! Also a HUGE thanks to Todd for sending out the demo! I can’t wait to hear more from them, and wish I could’ve made their first show (although it was as the Sea and the Gulls) in NYC on June 17th.

Key Tracks
Whirring
Jon the Escalator

1 Comments:

Blogger keep-it-like-a-secret said...

whirring is great, i've had it on my myspace for a few weeks. too bad they are only at the demo/EP stage, huge potential.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home