Saturday, June 17, 2006

Band of Horses at the Bowery

Wow, I'm speechless! That show was amazing last night at the Bowery Ballroom. The opening acts were both very good, and are definitely worth getting there early to catch! Unfortunately I didn't manage to grab any good shots of either due to the poor lighting. But Mt. Egypt is very post-rock-like, with both the drummer and bassist from Band of Horses backing the lead singer .

Band of Horses came on stage at around 11:00 (maybe 5 or 10 min later) and proceeded to play through a great set of songs off of their album "Everything All the Time", as well as some songs from the tour EP. The band also shared a few new songs that Ben Bridwell (in answering my question) said would be released on a new EP the band will be releasing this fall on Sub Pop. I wish I had a setlist to provide, but the stagehand was less-than-thrilled when I asked for one after the show. So, anyway the only disappointments I can say were that the band didn't play "I Go to the Barn Because I Like The" and "St. Augustine". Other than that they actually managed to surpass my extremely high expectations! So now the process of trying to procure tickets to the Sunday night show will begin (fun!).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home