Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thievery Corporation - Tour


I just received confirmation that Thievery Corporation have plans to play in NYC sometime later on this year, no real official date or location, and as soon as I hear more I will post it here! For now, here's the duo's current tour itinerary:

7/18:
@ Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA
7/19: @ Roseland Theater, Portland, OR
7/20: @ The Concourse, San Francisco, CA
7/21: @ 4th & B, San Diego, CA
7/22: @ 4th & B, San Diego, CA
7/23: @ The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA (w/ The Flaming Lips, presented by KCRW)
8/4: @ The Metro, Chicago, IL
8/5: @ Lollapalooza (Grant Park), Chicago, IL


Additionally their new album Versions has just been released, which includes a number of "thievery-ized" versions of songs by the likes of the Doors and Nouvelle Vague. From what I've heard its amazing, I still haven't fully heard it through yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger defendallston said...

omg. omg. omg. so excited! I haven't heard the new album yet either. I'm curious about how they could "thievery-ize" a Nouvelle Vague song. sounds delicious.

6:52 PM  
Blogger iworkatinitech said...

I haven't heard that one either...I'm hoping to grab the album tomorrow! I'm so excited about the tour. I spoke to their label and they confirmed that a NYC date was in the cards...no other info though.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home