Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sorry for the lack of posts


I just got back from a short trip through some great Vermont Breweries. I haven't even had time to d/l the pictures (only a few) I took. Found some great new brews; keep an eye for Magic Hat's Batch 374 (an impressively flavorful amber ale) in the next 12-pack mix sometime this fall. We missed out on the Feast of Fools (raspberry stout) that ended brewing in January, but hope to find a way to get some next holiday season.


I also finally made it up to the Long Trail brewery, which is a worthy stop just for the view off the deck in the back. Unfortunately I learned that the brewery has discontinued its "Pollenator" summer ale, which is really disappointing. But they did tell me that they are working on another wheat beer, which will replace it this summer, but it was not finished when we were there. I'll keep you posted on that one.

We also visited the Shed Restaurant and Brewery and Rock Art Brewing Company. The latter of which, will begin distributing throughout New York City and hopefully Long Island by May of 2006. All in all a great trip, and some great views in Stowe and some great brews throughout!

Now I'm off for Florida, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post much for the next few days but I'll try. Cheers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous EJ said...

So jealous, sounds like a great tour!

1:36 PM  
Blogger defendallston said...

that stinks about pollinator! that was my first "good" beer and it totally got me hooked on microbrews and the like.

how was shed? their stuff is GREAT.

6:51 PM  
Blogger iworkatinitech said...

I feel the same way about #9, and Hibernator! But Pollinator (along w/ Sammy's Summer) will always remind me of Walden in the summer! [we should all pour some down to our fallen comrade!]

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home