Sunday, April 16, 2006

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Bowery Review

As I just posted earlier, I was in Florida for the past week and therefore missed the CYHSY show at the Bowery, even though I had tickets. It was a brutal thing to have to do, but alas family is more important [plus the weather was great ;)]! Anyway just to add a bit of salt to my wounds I checked out Brooklyn Vegan's review of the show, and it made me feel like I was actually there. Okay not really but it's as close as I'll be getting any time soon! Check out the review for night 1 here and night two here.

5 Comments:

Blogger keep-it-like-a-secret said...

i guess i'll be the one to break it to you... you were WAY better off in Florida than at the Clap Your Hands show. they have the worst stage presense and the singer has no voice left (his voice breaks like a 13 year old boy's on every note of every song)! one of the least impressive show i've been to in a long time... after seeing the YYY's, Belle & Sebastian, and Artic Monkeys recently, there is no comparison.

Welcome back by the way!

7:41 AM  
Blogger iworkatinitech said...

I needed to hear this, it's been really bugging us that we missed the show!

6:36 AM  
Blogger defendallston said...

i was just about to write what tom did. Ditto everything he said.

I'd rather listen to the CD anyday! Plus, the opening band (The Brunettes from New Zealand) were terrible. I'll have to show you the cheerleading routine they did during their first song the next time i see you. :) Kate

6:54 PM  
Blogger iworkatinitech said...

I can't believe that there are bad reviews of their live shows! From what I read before getting the album was that they put on one of the best live shows ever! I actually saw the Brunettes open for the Shins at Webster last year, they weren't terrible, but a bit campy I thought!

8:38 PM  
Blogger keep-it-like-a-secret said...

I think the people that profess that Clap Your Hands is "one of the best live shows ever" are banging the guys in the band.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home