Sunday, April 16, 2006

Amazing In-Store at Soundfix!

Just got back from a week in Florida, which was an absolute blast! It was way too short though, and only long enough to make me start thinking of how long until I can go back! So again I'm sorry for the lack of posts, but I was too busy enjoying the sun and my family! Alas, I'm back and I'm going to try to get back up to speed and pick up where I left off here...

So the first order of business is the fact that the Arctic Monkeys show in NYC sold out 4 days before it was even supposed to go on sale, gotta love Ticketmaster! I'm a LOT bummed about that! So it doesn't look good for me to get to that show! But there are lots of others that are popping up so I'm going to try to get to as many of those as possible!

Next is that Soundfix Records informed me (a few days ago) that they have an amazing in-store appearance lined up for April 22nd! Here's the info:

ISLANDS (ex-members of Unicorns) coming to Sound Fix!
Saturday, April 22, noon
You all remember the beloved Unicorns, don't you? Well, they've
disbanded and several of their members have regrouped to form Islands. Their
great new album, "Return to the Sea," has the Unicorns' same wacky pop
sensibilities but has more ambitious, baroque arrangements. Now picture
it live, for free, at Sound Fix! Do I need to talk this one up any
more? Please take note of the early start time -- noon, not our usual 4pm
time. So don't stay out too late Friday night, kids. And get here early,
because the turnout should be insane. See you all there.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home