Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Portishead?

I had to check it out for myself...but it appears that there is a new Portishead song on the as-of-now import-only album of Serge Gainsbourg covers "Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited". The album also contains songs by Franz Ferdinand, R.E.M., Cat Power, Jarvis Cocker, Michael Stipe, Tricky, Placebo, Feist and other. So far the only places I'm seeing it for purchase are amazon.ca for CDN$18.99 or on amazon.com for $30.49. The release date on the Canadian Amazon.com website states that the album is planned for release March 14th, while the US Amazon.com lists the release date as March 6th.

The track list is as follows:
01. A Song For Sorry Angel - Franz Ferdinand and Jane Birkin
02. I Love You (Me Either) - Cat Power and Karen Elson
03. I Just Came To Tell You That I'm Going - Jarvis Cocker and Kid Loco
04. Requiem For Anna - Portishead
05. Requiem For A Jerk - Faultline, Brian Molko and Franciose Hardy
06. L'Hotel - Michael Stipe
07. Au Revoir Emmanuelle - Tricky
08. Lola R. For Ever - Marianne Faithful and Sly and Robbie
09. Boomerang 2005 - Gonzales, Feist and Dani
10. Boy Toy - Marc Almond and Trash Palace
11. The Ballad Of Melody Nelson - Placebo
12. Just A Man With A Job - The Rakes
13. I Call It Art - The Kills
14. Those Little Things - Carla Bruni

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ives said...

I don't think that Portishead has done anything since Dummy in 94.

I found Dummy for free here.

http://yunus.hacettepe.edu.tr/~osert/Dummy/

By the way, cool site. I'm taking a break from doing these damned TPS reports as I type this.

Cheers!

Chris Ives

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home