Sunday, March 12, 2006

My humble apologies

In my personal haste over the past few weeks I forgot to post a message about Mugs Ales House's "Split Thy Skull" festival in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. To those who made it there for the celebration, I am truly jealous, and for those of you who missed it I apologize and sympathize!

I made it into Williamsburg yesterday and after hitting a few records shops and donating my pay check to these worthy stores, I stopped into Mugs for a pint. What I found was a list of beers that I have never seen in bars this side of the Louisana Purchase! The following is the remaining draft list after the celebration last weekend:

Draft List:

March 9, 2006 12:10 PM

The tap list as of March 9 is:
Casks:

Smuttynose Barley Wine (10%)
Bluepoint Five Old Bastards (10%).
Kegs

Legacy Brewing Euphoria Belgian Strong Ale (11%)
Russian River Pliny The Elder (8%)
St. Bernardous Abt. 12 2003 (10%)
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley Wine 2002 (9.6%)
Het Anker Gouden Carolus Classic 2003 (8%)
Stone Double Bastard Ale (10%)
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 2003 (21%)
Thomas Hooker Oak Aged Imperial Porter 2005 (8%)
Sly Fox Odyssey Double IPA (8.4%)
Sixpoint Global Warmer Strong Ale (9.1%)
North Coast Old Stock Old Ale (11.4%)
Allagash Curieux Triple Aged In Bourbon (9.5%)
Southern Tier Unearthy Double IPA (11%)
Pizza Port Revelations Belgian Golden Ale (8.5%)
Pizzeria Uno Scotch Ale (8%)
Stone IPA
Bass
Boddingtons
Brooklyn Lager
Guinness
Hoegaarden
Lindeman's Framboise
Newcastle
Dundee's Honey Brown Ale
Original Sin Cider
Radenberger Pilsner
Sierra Pale
Smuttynose IPA
Spaten Lager
Stella Artois
Weihenstephaner Hefeweiss

While, some of these libations may be familiar, certain breweries (i.e. Pizza Port & Russian River) are more than gem-like. I nearly fell over when I saw that they were still pouring some Pliny the Elder, which is by far my favorite IPA I've tasted! (Side note - the Sly Fox Double IPA was also impressive, but tasted a bit too English-style for me). Regardless, I plan to be much more "on-the-ball" from this point forward, and I apologize to everyone for missing that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home